Click here to download the NODYCON 2019 Final Program.
The First International Nonlinear Dynamics Conference will be held at Sapienza University of Rome, February 17-20, 2019. NODYCON intends to foster the tradition of an illustrious conference series that was originally launched by Prof. A. H. Nayfeh in 1986 at Virginia Tech as the Nonlinear Vibrations, Stability and Dynamics of Structures Conference. NODYCON 2019 aims to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to present, discuss and disseminate recent advances in nonlinear dynamics research reflecting the rich spectrum of topics covered by NONLINEAR DYNAMICS.
Papers dealing with one or more of the following topics will be considered for the conference:
- Multi-scale dynamics: coexistence of multiple time/space scales, large system dynamics
- Experimental dynamics: benchmark experiments, experimental methods, instrumentation techniques, measurements in harsh environments,experimental validation of nonlinear models
- Dynamics of structures/industrial machines/equipment/facilities (e.g., cable transportation systems, suspension bridges,cranes,vehicles,etc.)
- Composite and nanocomposite structures (e.g., carbon nanotube/polymer composites): damping, modeling, dynamics
- Adaptive, multifunctional,and meta material structures
- Reduced-order modeling: center manifold reduction, nonlinear normal modes, normal forms
- Nonsmooth dynamics
- Systems with time and/or space delays
- Fractional-order system dynamics
- Nonlinear interactions: parametric vibrations with single/multi-frequency excitations, multiple external and autoparametric resonances in multi-dof systems.
- Computational techniques:efficient algorithms,use of symbolic manipulators,integration of symbolic manipulation and numerical methods, use of parallel processors.
- Nonlinear system identification: parametric/nonparametric identification, data-driven identification
- NEMS/MEMS and nanomaterials: multi-sensors, actuators exploiting nonlinear working principles
- Multibody dynamics: rigid and flexible multibody system dynamics, impact and contact mechanics, tire modeling, railroad vehicle dynamics, biomechanics applications, computational multibody dynamics
- Fluid/structure interaction
- Influence of nonlinearities on vibration control systems
- Human-machine interaction
- Non linear wave propagation in discrete and continuous media
- Advanced cryptography based on chaotic maps
- Ecosystem dynamics, social media dynamics (user behavior dynamics in multi-messages social hotspots,prediction models),financial engineering, complexity in engineering
- Network dynamics (multi-agent systems, leader-follower dynamics, swarm dynamics, biological networks dynamics).
The two-page abstracts to be written according to the template provided on the Conference website will be published in the Conference Book of Abstracts. Authors will have the option of having their full-length papers considered for publication in a Special Issue of NONLINEAR DYNAMICS. To accelerate the reviewing process, referees will be invited from those who will attend the conference.