The Second International Nonlinear Dynamics Conference will be held at Sapienza University of Rome, February 16-19, 2021. NODYCON intends to foster the tradition of the illustrious conference series that was originally launched by Prof. A. H. Nayfeh in 1986 at Virginia Tech as the Nonlinear Vibrations, Stability and Dynamics of Structures Conference. After the successful launch of NODYCON 2019 in Rome, NODYCON 2021 aims to provide a forum for the international network of scholars and practitioners to present and share recent advances in nonlinear dynamics research reflecting the broad spectrum of topics covered by NONLINEAR DYNAMICS.
Papers dealing with one or more of the following topics will be considered for the conference:
- Multi-scale dynamics: coexistence of multiple time/space scales, large system dynamics
- Experimental dynamics: benchmark experiments, experimental methods, instrumentation techniques, measurements in harsh environments,experimental validation of nonlinear models
- Dynamics of structures/industrial machines/equipment/facilities (e.g., cable transportation systems, suspension bridges,cranes,vehicles,etc.)
- Composite and nanocomposite structures (e.g., carbon nanotube/polymer composites): damping, modeling, dynamics
- Adaptive, multifunctional,and meta material structures
- Reduced-order modeling: center manifold reduction, nonlinear normal modes, normal forms
- Nonsmooth dynamics
- Systems with time and/or space delays
- Fractional-order system dynamics
- Nonlinear interactions: parametric vibrations with single/multi-frequency excitations, multiple external and autoparametric resonances in multi-dof systems.
- Computational techniques:efficient algorithms,use of symbolic manipulators,integration of symbolic manipulation and numerical methods, use of parallel processors.
- Nonlinear system identification: parametric/nonparametric identification, data-driven identification
- NEMS/MEMS and nanomaterials: multi-sensors, actuators exploiting nonlinear working principles
- Multibody dynamics: rigid and flexible multibody system dynamics, impact and contact mechanics, tire modeling, railroad vehicle dynamics, biomechanics applications, computational multibody dynamics
- Fluid/structure interaction
- Influence of nonlinearities on vibration control systems
- Human-machine interaction
- Nonlinear wave propagation in discrete and continuous media
- Advanced cryptography based on chaotic maps
- Ecosystem dynamics, social media dynamics (user behavior dynamics in multi-messages social hotspots,prediction models),financial engineering, complexity in engineering
- Network dynamics (multi-agent systems, leader-follower dynamics, swarm dynamics, biological networks dynamics).
The one-page abstracts to be submitted online using the Conference portal will be included in the Conference Book of Abstracts. Authors will have the option of submitting full-length papers for publication consideration as Springer Conference Proceedings. The papers will be made available to the following indexing services: Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science, EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), Google Scholar, MathSciNet, Scopus, Zentralblatt MATH. A short list of papers will be invited to a Special Issue of NONLINEAR DYNAMICS. To accelerate the reviewing process, referees will be invited from those who will attend the conference. The Springer Conference Proceedings papers will be made available during NODYCON 2021.